Properties of a Pocket Calculator for Astronauts
09-14-2019, 11:05 AM
RE: Properties of a Pocket Calculator for Astronauts
Perhaps: Space Flight for Beginners (kindle edition) by Andrew Motes
From the Author:
"I taught Astrodynamics at the U.S. Air Force Academy from 1980 to 1982. I loved it but hated all the books on the subject. I'd read a chapter then say to myself, "I can sum that up in one paragraph and two equations!" I never understood why technical authors have to make technical subjects so difficult. This one short book sums up all the technical books I've ever read on the subject; and it does it in simple language that describes the concepts using intuition based on everyday experience."

or: Space Mathematics:Math Problems Based on Space Science (kindle edition) by Bernice Kastner
"Created by NASA for high school students interested in space science, this collection of worked problems covers a broad range of subjects, including mathematical aspects of NASA missions, computation and measurement, algebra, geometry, probability and statistics, exponential and logarithmic functions, trigonometry, matrix algebra, conic sections, and calculus. In addition to enhancing mathematical knowledge and skills, these problems promote an appreciation of aerospace technology and offer valuable insights into the practical uses of secondary school mathematics by professional scientists and engineers.
Geared toward high school students and teachers, this volume also serves as a fine review for undergraduate science and engineering majors. Numerous figures illuminate the text, and an appendix explores the advanced topic of gravitational forces and the conic section trajectories."

or: Spaceflight Theories: A beginners guide to rocket and space sciences (kindle edition) by Raymond T. Hill
"When people say it isn’t exactly rocket science what do they mean? Well for the uninitiated it’s seemingly a jumble of complex maths, physics and engineering. The question I have always asked is how complex is it to understand and can it be presented in a more accessible level for the lay reader?"

or: It's ONLY Rocket Science: An Introduction in Plain English (kindle edition) by Lucy Rogers
"Most amateur astronomers – and many of those with similar interests but who are not currently practising observers – have only a sketchy understanding of space flight. This book provides an introduction to its mechanics. The beauty of this book, written by an engineer who is also an accomplished science writer, is that it covers the subject comprehensively, and yet is almost entirely descriptive and non-mathematical. It deals with all aspects of space flight, from how to leave the Earth (including the design of the rocket, mission planning, navigation and communication), to life in space and the effects of weightlessness. The book also includes sections describing how an amateur can track satellites and understand their orbital parameters."

BEST!
SlideRule
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Properties of a Pocket Calculator for Astronauts - SlideRule - 09-14-2019 11:05 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)