The calculator I always wanted
03-14-2021, 06:29 AM
RE: The calculator I always wanted
I took a pretty long break from Acron Calculator development while I trained my new puppy, but he's finally calmed down enough that I can resume.

I released version 1.3 to BETA today. It now has unit conversion functions available on the 2nd and 3rd of the right cursor key. The new functionality doesn't just do baked conversions like ft => m or kg => lb; it understands the units and how to combine them. So, for instance, it can tell you how long it will take a pump with a flow rate of 100 gallons per minute to drain a 5 acre lake 1 inch.
\[\frac{5\cdot \text{acre}\cdot 1\cdot \text{in}}{100\cdot\frac{\text{gal}}{\text{min}}}\rightarrow \text{h}\]
You can also access the same units in the equation solver tool. This comes in really handy for physics or chemistry equations like PV=nRT.

I went to excruciating lengths to find the perfect (i.e. rational) definitions of units so Acron won't introduce any round-off error into your calculations. This can result in getting some pretty hideous fractional answers if you ask perfect number questions, so I suggest introducing decimals in your questions or using the 3rd -> ENTER for an approximate answer.

Version 1.3 will probably be in BETA for at least a week while I send the new UI off to be localized. Please let me know if you run into any problems so I can get them fixed before final release.

BTW: it takes 792/35 hours to drain the lake 1 inch (about 22:37:43.86).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
The calculator I always wanted - vanLudwig - 09-08-2019, 04:29 PM
RE: The calculator I always wanted - EdS2 - 09-17-2019, 08:25 AM
RE: The calculator I always wanted - vanLudwig - 03-14-2021 06:29 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)