HP50g - Can't Factory Reset & What's this?
09-19-2019, 02:57 AM (This post was last modified: 09-19-2019 03:28 AM by MattGreer.)
HP50g - Can't Factory Reset & What's this?
Received the newest member of my HP calculator family today. Everything seems in order except for the fact that (and I knew this ahead of time) the serial number sticker on the back is missing. I think I can get that from the calculator internally, correct?

I tried to perform a self test by hitting [ON] and [F4] simultaneously, but that didn't work. I tried [ON] [F5] to no avail. So I pulled out the paper clip and reset the calculator. A couple splash screens came on when the calculator booted, one was for Stat49 which I looked up and I see what that is, no big deal I think. Then there's this (see attached photo). What is that? Is that what's preventing me from doing a full factory reset? I'd like to do a system test on the calculator to make sure everything is OK but it seems I'm unable to do that.

Your advice is appreciated!

Thanks,
-Matt

OK, more of an update, found some hints on educalc.

Version HP50-C
Revision #2.09

With the calculator off I tried pressing the +/- button and hitting the reset switch with a paper clip but that didn't do anything either.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Thanks!

-Matt
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HP50g - Can't Factory Reset & What's this? - MattGreer - 09-19-2019 02:57 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)