RPN programmability moved backwards?
10-04-2019, 04:40 PM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2019 04:44 PM by Valentin Albillo.)
RE: RPN programmability moved backwards?
Hi, David:

(10-04-2019 03:55 PM)David Hayden Wrote:  Over the past few days I did some programming on the 35s and found it much harder than the 41C (or DM42 or WP-34s).

Well, the HP35s does have many (mostly stupid) limitations and bugs, that's why I put it away in storage after an exciting period of testing its capabilities, but nevertheless during that brief period (some months) I did write a number of programs for it (see this one, Going Back to the Roots), and came to appreciate some aspects of its programming paradigm, for instance its equations handling is extremely powerful and does allow for very interesting, efficient programs as the link above clearly demonstrates.

Quote:Certainly the non-programmable functionality git better and better and the RPL machines are highly programmable, but the RPN calcs seemed to go backwards rather than forwards.

I dissent. If you get to really know its advanced techniques, the HP35s is more than a match for the programming model (not capabilities, i.e.: no ROMs, I/O, etc) of the pure RPN HP-41C. And if you'd rather stick to the pure RPN model, then the HP42S provides a much more poweful, much enhanced RPN progamming than anything the HP41C has to offer: named variables, matrices, complex numbers and operations, menus, graphics, etc., etc., etc.

Not "backwards" at all.

V.

P.S.: This is my #400 post in this new forum (a lot more than 2,000 overall)

All My Articles & other Materials here:  Valentin Albillo's HP Collection

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: RPN programmability moved backwards? - Valentin Albillo - 10-04-2019 04:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)