RPN programmability moved backwards?
10-04-2019, 08:15 PM
RE: RPN programmability moved backwards?
(10-04-2019 04:40 PM)Valentin Albillo Wrote:  If you get to really know its advanced techniques, the HP35s is more than a match for the programming model (not capabilities, i.e.: no ROMs, I/O, etc) of the pure RPN HP-41C. And if you'd rather stick to the pure RPN model, then the HP42S provides a much more poweful, much enhanced RPN progamming than anything the HP41C has to offer:
Thanks for the comments, Valentin, and especially for the link to your article. I didn't realize that equations could be used on the 35s that way.

But still, I wish that they had added such features on top of the robust and easy to use features of the 41C or 42s model. Maybe it's just me, but I find programming the 35s much more difficult than programming the 41C or 42s
Jeff O Wrote:the 32s advanced the original "classic" RPN programmability of the 11C (and previous models like the 65, 67, 25, 29, 33C) [and] “evolved” into the 32sii, 33s and finally the 35s. Or something like that.
That's an interesting point, especially when looking at the low price of the 32s ($70). Maybe they couldn't put the advanced programming model of the 42s into the low cost 32s. The 32sii and 33s look like upgrades and the 35s probably reused much of the 33s code.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: RPN programmability moved backwards? - David Hayden - 10-04-2019 08:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)