[newRPL] interested in RPN mode?
11-23-2019, 11:54 PM
RE: [newRPL] interested in RPN mode?
(11-23-2019 07:51 PM)jpcuzzourt Wrote:  So, while I have a usable enough system right now, ideally I need to figure out why my linux version of newRPL-ui does not see the USB hardware. I'll see what else I can figure out, unless you spot something wrong in my group/permissions setup in the code window above.

Do you see hidraw devices in /dev? Do they have the right permissions? Check just in case udev is not working for any reason, or perhaps it's not assigning the hidraw driver to the device. Are you using Ubuntu? in other distros the udev rules might go into different folders. Also other distros may not come with hidraw drivers by default.
Another thing: once you used a device with Virtual box, it assigns a virtual box driver to the device. It should still assign others but in other device of mine it made it stop working on the host forever, even after reboot, while vbox wasnt running at all. Use dmesg to see which drivers were assigned to the calc.

Yet another thing you can try is installing the libusb package. Normally it's not needed, the hidraw driver is used but if that fails newRPL desktop will try to use libusb.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [newRPL] interested in RPN mode? - Claudio L. - 11-23-2019 11:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)