[VA] New update available in my HP-related site (#003)
10-29-2019, 07:28 PM
RE: [VA] New update available in my HP-related site (#003)
G'night, Ángel:

(10-29-2019 10:57 AM)Ángel Martin Wrote:  
(10-29-2019 06:54 AM)Valentin Albillo Wrote:  Did you have some specific materials in mind ? I'd be happy to oblige (se aceptan peticiones del oyente).

Well yes, I thought your seminal Polynomial Root Finder program could be next - as the excellent example of the approach to the subject that it was. I believe it has been adapted to several other "platforms" (41Z, 34WP, ... but it's always good to have access to the original. I don't recall by heart in which ATN issue it was first published, but it was a relatively short description that could benefit from more details and space on your new web site.

Saludos del oyente ;-)

Well, Ok, I'll look for the original in my files and I'm certain to re-create it in formal paper-style form as every other program I've already uploaded, for uniformity.

The recreation process will surely involve enhancements to the description and extra details as well as new examples, and it might be possible that I find another different program (different approach) that I never submitted for publication.

The caveat is, the way I proceed to create these papers I must first type the original program listing (quite faded by now) into Word, which is very cumbersome and time-consuming when the listing is long, as in this case, and then I must type the program straight from Word into some HP-41C emulator to run the examples and make sure it's correctly loaded.

This takes a lot of time and I must first get some good HP-41CV/CX emulator which I don't presently have because all the ones I had in my two pc's got lost when both machines unexpectedly died. The only one I have right now is a freeware go41-or -whatever emulator for Android, which just emulates a barebones, 64 reg. HP-41C at its original speed or even slower, and I can't load any of the two Polynomial Root Finders into that.

Of course I do have a physical HP-41CX but it's mint, currently stored in a thermo-sealed PVC bag, and I hesitate to bring it out of it and subject it to lots of wear'n'tear, plus I'd need to get some N-size batteries for it, which is not that easy where I live.

Anyway, I'll have to deal with this problem sooner rather than later so I'll see what I can do. Ideally, I would have a not-so-mint, even cosmetically battered but working HP-41C model with full normal memory (319 registers), to use it to try and check this program and all others that I intend to "refurbish" and upload. That failing, a decent emulator will have to do.

Thanks for your interest and kind words.
Best regards.
V.

All My Articles & other Materials here:  Valentin Albillo's HP Collection

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [VA] New update available in my HP-related site (#003) - Valentin Albillo - 10-29-2019 07:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)