Black body Thermal Radiation - Thermal Pack error?
10-28-2019, 03:44 PM
RE: Black body Thermal Radiation - Thermal Pack error?
(10-28-2019 01:56 PM)Ángel Martin Wrote:  Thanks for the inputs guys, this subject appears to be richer than it first meets the eye.
For example, reading some more about the derivation of Wien's displacement constant I've come up with an interesting duality - depending on which equation is used as the starting point.

But the novelty is an expression of the maximum wavelength using the Lambert W function, I've "distilled" it from a direct comparison between the two referenced sources and it is as follows:

L.T = (h.c/k) . [ 1/ (5 + W(-5.exp(-5)) ]

L = wavelength in m
T = temperature in K
h = Planck's constant
c = speed of light
k = Stefan-Boltzmann constant

This is the first time I've "seen" the Wien's displacement constant in its "closed" form, and not as a numerical value . So interesting!

ÁM

Is there a reason 'dot notation' is used for multiplication while discussing this topic? Of course in "the literature" normal math with implied multiplication is used everywhere to present equations, and this even creeps into the HP manual, but it is not typical so I'm curious why you chose to use that here (versus either the implied or fully unambiguous "*").

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Black body Thermal Radiation - Thermal Pack error? - rprosperi - 10-28-2019 03:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)