Android app and physical keyboard
11-20-2019, 11:59 PM (This post was last modified: 11-21-2019 12:44 AM by Tim Wessman.)
RE: Android app and physical keyboard
(11-20-2019 06:23 PM)JosephErvin Wrote:  Got it. I grabbed the Linux beta and am running it now.

Sorry for being obtuse on Tim's offers to help.

Just as a note, the virtual calc works fine with the computer keyboard input on Linux (i.e. space-bar is space, and Enter is Enter, and I expect Windows (haven't tried that one yet), but it's broken for Android (space-bar opens upper left app menu, and the Enter key doesn't seem to do anything at all. I'll compile a more complete list of keyboard anomalies under Android and will reply ASAP.

Sincerely,

Joe

Yeah, the issue is there is some code to handle external keyboards in android (just specific to the android version) and I know it worked at some point. I don't see when or how it remapped the space. The code looks ok...

[EDIT] Ok, was able to reproduce this here. Looks like at some point the system started intercepting a space event at a higher level. Now I just need to figure out how to disable that...

[EDIT2] Ok, figured it out. Looks like the ENTER key also had a similar behavior. Any other keys apart from space and enter that misbehave for you? Please test everything so we hopefully don't miss any. Thanks!

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Android app and physical keyboard - Tim Wessman - 11-20-2019 11:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)