Android app and physical keyboard
11-21-2019, 03:57 AM
RE: Android app and physical keyboard
HI Tim,

I tried the Android app on my Samsung Galaxy S4 tablet and my Moto G5s+ phone. The results are identical.

All keys do what you would expect except for the space-bar and Enter key, which both seem to bring up the App menu in the upper left corner. Also, the Tab key acts as the Alpha key, which doesn't really serve any useful purpose that I can see. In most android apps, the Tab key on the keyboard would possibly be used to move from section to section, like in Windows. I'm not sure I can think of a better purpose for it on the calculator, but Alpha doesn't serve any purpose, since you have direct access to all the letters, both upper and lower case.

I did stumble onto a minor bug. Check out the attachment. Look at the number keys carefully :-)

I stumbled onto it more or less immediately when testing the number keys across the top of the keyboard. If you press one key, and then press another key before releasing the first, the app gets a little confused about the graphics that it uses to show key pressed vs. key released. The artifact presents itself only while the keys are pressed. When all keys are released, it resolves.

Sincerely,

Joe Ervin

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Android app and physical keyboard - JosephErvin - 11-21-2019 03:57 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)