Public Beta Availiable - RC - Win/Mac/Firmware/Android/iOS
03-30-2020, 02:47 PM
RE: Public Beta Availiable - RC - Win/Mac/Firmware/Android/iOS
Hello Cyrille

Yes, I confirm you are right.

I refreshed the screen of the virtual calculator in the [Shift][Matrix] menu. Afterwards, I moved to [Shift][Program] to look for "Send" and also back to [Shift][Matrix], but no "Send" was available in the virtual calculator. I also run the program as root, just to test, but nothing new. I disconnected and reconnected the USB also. On the other hand, the "Send" is available in the real HP Prime when connected to the computer (whether in the Matrix menu or in the Program menu).

Just to help (I understand it is difficult to keep track of all the posts) I was checking in a Linux terminal the messages thrown by the application and I ended in this answer given by Tim Wessman, as I was obtaining the same messages in the terminal:

https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-14351.html

I was going to check USB permissions or something with udev rules, but maybe the USB support is still not complete: but if you need me to try anything, let me know. Anyway, I am happy to have the app for Linux working for the rest of the functions.

On the other hand, and now off-topic, a fast question: what is the best place to suggest functionalities (of course, to be studied) for the HP-Prime? I wrote something here:

https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-1817-page-6.html

But if there is a more suitable place for you developers, please let me know.

Thanks Cyrille!

(03-30-2020 05:24 AM)cyrille de brébisson Wrote:  Hello,

So, what you are saying is that, if you connect the physical calc to your Linux computer with the emulator running, you see the "send" button in the matrix menu on the calculator, but not on the emulator (make sure you force a screen refresh by pressing some buttons, or by only going to the matrix menu after you connect the USB cable)...

Can you please confirm?

Cyrille
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Public Beta Availiable - RC - Win/Mac/Firmware/Android/iOS - ramon_ea1gth - 03-30-2020 02:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)