I got a HP 17Bii, and I love it!
12-05-2019, 08:38 PM
RE: I got a HP 17Bii, and I love it!
(12-04-2019 10:33 PM)jthole Wrote:  II recently got a HP 17Bii which was originally gifted to someone by his employer, but was never used. The price was low enough to take a gamble, and upon picking up the calculator, it passed the self test.

What I didn't fully realise is how useful the solver is! I already translated everything I had in memory of my 11C, and since I don't need trig functions for my work and hobbies, that was quite easy. The best part for me are the statistics and date/time calculation functions.

It would be great if the same functionality, with the same ease of use, would have been in the HP 42S / Free42 implementation. Then the DM42, with the larger screen area, and the import/export functionality, would be an easy next buy for me ;-)

Anyway, it looks like I don't need a programmable calculator; a configurable one is good enough for me. I will surely experiment further with the solver (currently I have some running related equations in memory).

How about a nice short number base conversion equation for the 17bii solver. This one is by Thomas Klemm (a true genius). It will even do hexadecimal (base 16) conversions if you specify the base 10 number as base 100 instead.

BC:ANS=N+(FROM-TO)\(\times\Sigma\)(I:0:LOG(N)\(\div\)LOG(TO):1:L(N:IDIV(N:TO))\(\times\)FROM^I)​
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
I got a HP 17Bii, and I love it! - jthole - 12-04-2019, 10:33 PM
RE: I got a HP 17Bii, and I love it! - Don Shepherd - 12-05-2019 08:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)