Calculator for electronic/firmware engineers
01-14-2020, 03:11 PM (This post was last modified: 01-14-2020 04:39 PM by Jaco@cocoon-creations.com.)
RE: Calculator for electronic/firmware engineers
(01-13-2020 01:23 PM)kuro68k Wrote:  I've been looking for a calculator for use in electronic and firmware engineering for ages. I'm thinking of features like:

- SI unit support, including input
- Decent hexadecimal support
- Binary/hex/decimal conversion with editor
- CRC calculation
- Built in formulas for common circuits

Some Casio models have two ENG buttons for going up or down x1000, but don't use SI notation. It gets to be a bit of a chore constantly doing e10,9,sign over and over. The CG-20 and a few other models let you assign SI units to the function keys and enter them with one press, and also display SI units on screen.

Were there ever any calculators designed for engineers like me?

There was this Casio once, https://youtu.be/POp3fMAYvks

Are you willing to buy a DM42, work in RPN exclusively, define and specify what you want and help develop what you want? If so, I will offer to add and change defined menus and functions on the open source WP43C (not the 43S) for this purpose. I have already added an ELEC menu with some things I need, but I would like to add more electrical stuff.

Jaco Mostert, Elec Eng
C47 on DM42, 42S, WP34C&S, 28C, 35S, 32Sii, had 11C; used 67, 85; iOS:42s, Free42, WP31S&34S, HCalc; OSX:WP34C.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Calculator for electronic/firmware engineers - Jaco@cocoon-creations.com - 01-14-2020 03:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)