New G2 Firmware 20200116 - Problems - FIXED w/ 20200121
01-19-2020, 09:42 PM
RE: New G2 Firmware 20200116 - Problems
(01-19-2020 07:30 PM)Wes Loewer Wrote:  
(01-19-2020 05:47 AM)JDW Wrote:  Thank you for pointing that out. That was the problem. Despite all the talk of AI we here, the Connectivity Kit has nothing close to that, such that if you change your Home folder name, the Connectivity Kit can't figure out what the new one is for some reason. I hand-edited that path in the Connectivity Kit, and then relaunching it with my Prime connected automatically brought up the Firmware update dialog. So it was the name of my user that had changed which caused all this trouble for me. Thank you again for your help with that.

You've got me curious. Did you change the name of your Home folder before or after you installed the Connectivity Kit the first time? If it was after, I could understand if the CK's paths were already set.

Sorry if this is a silly question, but when you changed the Home folder's name, did you also change the HOME environmental variable globally? (I'm not a Mac user, but I'm assuming it uses HOME in the same way unix does.)

I was troubleshooting FCPX last year and I created a new user named JDW_1 and then copied files from my JDW user into that new user. I ultimately deleted the old user. All paths remained the same except the user name now has underbar and 1 at the end. I used MacOS and not any Unix terminal commands, so I cannot comment on environmental variables.

To repeat...

I was on able to update the firmware on my G1 Prime by changing the path in the Connectivity Kit, but the Prime MacOS emulator app still does not work because it throws an error dialog box when I try to launch it. That’s the unresolved problem right now.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New G2 Firmware 20200116 - Problems - JDW - 01-19-2020 09:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)