Casio fx-CG50 - Hyperbolic functions of complex numbers
02-29-2020, 08:37 AM (This post was last modified: 02-29-2020 08:38 AM by Dands.)
RE: Casio fx-CG50 - Hyperbolic functions of complex numbers
(02-29-2020 05:58 AM)Steve Simpkin Wrote:  In looking at Appendix 2 (Input ranges) of the fx-CG50 Software User's Guide, it appears that the CG50 will accept complex numbers for a number of functions (log, powers, roots, etc) but not for any trig functions.

One way around this limitation is to install Bernard Parisse's excellent port of Xcas for the fx-CG50 named KhiCAS. More information and documentation is available at: https://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic...88&start=0

Once you install KhiCAS, you can evaluate cosh(2*i) for an answer of -.41614837 or sinh(2+2*i) for an answer of -1.50930649+3.42095489*i in that environment (rad).
Tip: press the "S<->D" key first to enter "approx(" before typing in "cosh(2*i))" to get a decimal answer.

Of course this is also a full featured CAS much like the one available on the Prime [ I wonder whySmile ] so it can do a lot more than just these examples.

WOW! This is really amazing! Thank you so much for the quick answer. It's definitely a great solution for what I need.

It would be amazing if it integrated with the run-matrix mode. Do you know if there's a way to save the most used functions, say cosh, so that it's easier to access? It seems that I always have to find it in the list or type it.

Also, is there a way to show the decimal approximation by default instead of always using approx() before the functions?

Thanks again!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Casio fx-CG50 - Hyperbolic functions of complex numbers - Dands - 02-29-2020 08:37 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)