When Did They Change the Build Quality of the Spice Series?
03-25-2020, 11:51 PM
RE: When Did They Change the Build Quality of the Spice Series?
(03-25-2020 05:48 PM)Ignatz Wrote:  
(03-25-2020 05:05 PM)AndiGer Wrote:  My 34C once was repaired and the sheet accompanying it (in German) after repair says it is lighter now.
See the attachment here

And that's marketingspeak for "We've sent you unit that's cheaper for us to produce."

Not sure I would totally agree with this based on the reason for the change. Personally, I’d prefer a calculator with the chip contacts held firm vs one with a somewhat better keyboard. I like the tactile feedback abundance the snap disks of a (later and presumably “updated” 34c) do feel a tad lighter than the 65 but I still feel the feedback. I think for me all I really notice is the travel distance, which is longer with the buckle springs.

My problems with the -65 keyboard over the years was more of a tendency to develop extra bounce or intermittent keys—not the feel, per se.

Maybe I’m just not as much of a keyboard aficionado, but i am probably one of the few here who knows and loves a VT-61 terminal keyboard over any modern keyboard for the feel.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: When Did They Change the Build Quality of the Spice Series? - [kby] - 03-25-2020 11:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)