[VA] New updates available in my HP site [Latest is Update #39, Sep 22]
12-03-2020, 11:04 PM
RE: [VA] New updates available in my HP site [Update #23 Dec 3]

Hi, all:

I've just made available Update #23 at my HP site, namely the following 6 files (this makes 592 files in all which you can see and/or download for free):
  • Note: I'll appreciate it if very much if you would please refrain from posting anything to this thread, so that it only contains the update announcements and listings themselves and nothing else. If you want to comment something please create another thread or PM me for any questions or comments you want addressed. Thanks.

2020-12-03:   Update #23   (6 files, including one new Article):

HP Article VA051 - Boldly Going - Climbing Project Euler.pdf  (click to see or download)  in HP Calculator Articles
    • 12-page article, featuring Project Euler, a fantastic Internet project which attempts (and succeeds, in spades !) at providing a huge supply of challenging math + programming problems which are immensely fun to try and solve, while learning loads of new concepts and sharpening your own skills in the process.

In this article I tell my story with PE and how I dealt with it back in 2011 during the second half of my summer vacations, using the vintage 1984-era HP-71B (emulated & physical), which is many orders of magnitude slower and less capable than the hardware/software combinations PE's problems are primarily intended for (i.e.: fast modern CPUs + high-level compiled languages), thus enormously upping the ante when tackling them with ancient hardware and interpreted BASIC. See for yourself how I did !

The article features no less than 7 carefully-selected, non-trivial Project Euler problems wich are discussed and solved, with code and full comments, and which you might want to try and solve on your own with your preferred HP calc.

Last but not least, there's also the following files (click on any of them to see or download):

1 Selected HP Thread:

HP Thread VA027 - 2003-10-15 - Reverse Engineering HP Solve.pdf

4 Selected FractVal images:

Misc Picture VA228 - The Boss - VF171201AM.jpg
      Misc Picture VA231 - Information Highways - VF171123AX.jpg
      Misc Picture VA233 - Fractfish School - VF171205BB.jpg
      Misc Picture VA241 - Jellyfishes - VF180127AM.jpg

\begin{array}{|c|c|} \hline Notice \\\hline \end{array}
    I'll appreciate it if very much if you would please refrain from posting anything to this thread, so that it only contains the update announcements and listings themselves and nothing else. If you want to comment something please create another thread or PM me for any questions or comments you want addressed.Thanks.
V.

All My Articles & other Materials here:  Valentin Albillo's HP Collection

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [VA] New updates available in my HP site [Update #23 Dec 3] - Valentin Albillo - 12-03-2020 11:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)