Hp35 display problem. Opened without bending the sticker
05-02-2020, 08:11 AM
RE: Hp35 display problem. Opened without bending the sticker
(05-02-2020 07:16 AM)isanchez Wrote:  
(05-02-2020 01:39 AM)teenix Wrote:  If all the top LED segments were not working I would suspect the anode driver or the circuit board, however in this case it is probably the LED package or the circuit board.

The upper segment is called the "A" segment. It is powered through the top left pin (looking down at the bubble lens side).

I would first check the connection to this pin on the circuit board. Look for corrosion or broken circuit track. Try soldering the pin again. (Not too much heat or you could destroy something inside)

If that fails then...

The same LED anodes are all connected together inside the LED package. If you look closely at it through the top you will see all the small wires doing the job. I suspect the connection from the outside pin to these LEDs has failed inside the package.

Yes, HP-45 LED packages will work in the 35.

cheers

Tony

Thanks a lot!, Tony and Moggul
It is very clear now. I go ahead with it!

Kind regards!

SOLVED: bad led bank ...thanks a lot Tony!!

(to finalise this "surprising" debate: maybe it was my fault not to state clearly that the explained method is not mandatory).

Kind regards
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hp35 display problem. Opened without bending the sticker - isanchez - 05-02-2020 08:11 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)