Turning on a HP 41 with the HP IL module plugged
05-18-2020, 12:12 PM (This post was last modified: 05-18-2020 04:37 PM by aurelio.)
RE: Turning on a HP 41 with the HP IL module plugged
(05-18-2020 08:00 AM)J-F Garnier Wrote:  
(05-17-2020 08:14 PM)aurelio Wrote:  Now I have the controller (HP41) + HPIL module + PILBOX connected to a PC, no emulators, and the calculator turns on regularly, it means that just the phisical loop must be closed ?

I got, last time, the problem leaving the calculator connected to the PC after a session of the PYIlPER, and turning it on

With the PIL-Box, a "closed loop" has a slightly different meaning.

When the PIL-Box is powered up, it justs re-transmits the HP-IL traffic to the controller (the 41C), so the loop is closed.
But when an application on PC initializes the PIL-Box, the PIL-Box starts to re-transmit the HP-IL traffic to the PC. If the application doesn't reply for some reason, the loop is "broken".

With the regular ILPer, the PIL-Box is put back to simple re-transmission on HP-IL side when the application terminates, so the loop is still "closed" when the application has ended. I don't know for pyILPER.

J-F
Thank-you, J-F, It means if I understood that the first test to do (with the Sylvain's program) is the integrity of the whole phisical loop with the PILBOX connected to the PC (this way USB powered), without any emulator, then if there is a failure, I can look eventually for any issue related to the cables, reducing each time the lenght of the loop.
Yesterday I've done this job in areverse way.

When I got last time the problem, it was with the calculator connected to the pilbox, connected to the PC (USB powered), it means that maybe the broken (opened) circuit was in the COM, maybe quiting the PYILPER, the port was left "opened" on the PC
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Turning on a HP 41 with the HP IL module plugged - aurelio - 05-18-2020 12:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)