HP should offer a free hardware upgrade
08-21-2014, 02:11 PM
RE: HP should offer a free hardware upgrade
(08-21-2014 09:04 AM)Matt Kernal Wrote:  
(06-02-2014 03:09 PM)Joe Horn Wrote:  I haven't been this ticked off since 1979... HP should publicly announce a free rev A / rev B swap (as they did for the HP-35 back in the day)..

Nathan Seidle, founder of SparkFun Electronics in Boulder CO (which is down the road from HP in Ft. Collins), posted this blog today: What to do when you screw up 2,000 orders.
(...) Secondly, they will be posting a DIY tutorial on how to (...)

Now, that DIY solution was exactly what I would like to be offered by HP to fix the small hardware issues found so far, considering that HP PRIME enclosure is so easy to open and work with.
Those, who like me, wiling to peek around in electronics for sure would be delighted.

HP could deliver this kit with a small charge fee to cover its manufacturing costs, with no warranties involved, as a "do it yourself at your own risk operation".
The production costs would be small for HP, considering the high volume manufacturing benefits from China plants.
And the benefits for HP, starting with some more satisfied customers passing the word around, could only be great.

This kit could be used by HP subsidiaries around the globe to fix the revision A calculators for their local customers as well.

The kit should contain:
1) A new keyboard key set, in black color;
2) A component set to fix the USB circuitry to handle the data collector and wi-fi (probably a replacement motherboard);
3) Step by Step instructions.

Now, how hard is this to accomplish?
Small companies can do it without shutting down their business, why can't HP?

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP should offer a free hardware upgrade - jebem - 08-21-2014 02:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)