Speed of HP-49G Routine for Tektronix Vector Graphics Terminal
08-08-2020, 03:51 PM
RE: Speed of HP-49G Routine for Tektronix Vector Graphics Terminal
Martin, I seem to remember that some Saturn assemblers disagree on the direction to read the LA and LC parameters in. Some say the least significant nibble should come first, others (including MASD, which I use) say the most significant comes first. Since Werner's loaded constant is identical to one of mine, I'd bet he's using MASD too. If your assembler uses the opposite order (one of your earlier posts in this topic has some HPHP49-C artifact which would indicate PC-based development), then try reversing the digits. Getting the digits backwards would definitely lead to a wrong string, as they contain the always-1 bits.

By the way, if you'd use MASD and the full suite of development tools people tend to recommend for it (extable of course, Emacs, SDIAG, perhaps Nosy for a little ROM snooping, ...) you would've seen 6PICK pop up in Emacs' autocompletion. (Just type 6P and ask for a completion; if 6PICK didn't exist it wouldn't complete. This "just try it" route is much faster than looking it up in the docs manually.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Speed of HP-49G Routine for Tektronix Vector Graphics Terminal - 3298 - 08-08-2020 03:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)