Getting rid of wrong Windows10 drivers (Clonix/Nov)
08-05-2020, 01:01 AM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2020 01:09 AM by Diego Diaz.)
Getting rid of wrong Windows10 drivers (Clonix/Nov)
Hi all,

Since Windows 8 showed up and currently under Win10, most (if not all) Clonix/NoV users with a K149/150 USB programmer have suffered the dreaded "driver auto upgrade". Rendering their programmers useless until they take corrective action: a not always easy workaround to get the previous Win7 driver re-installed.

Further more, in many cases this is just a "temporary fix" and Windows managed to "re-upgrade" the offending Prolific driver. Really frustrating as I know first hand. :-(

Since I've been having quite a lot of spare time lately, I decided to design a simplified version of the popular PicKit2 USB programmer.

(I've tried to insert a render image, without success. Here is the link)

Image.

Originally developed by Microchip it can handle the programming task in a far more efficient way:

- About 50% faster

- No USB cable required.

- No module adapter either (PCB has its own gold plated pads to plug the module)

- No drivers required. Runs on the HID native Windows controller. (Quite like a mouse.)

- Open to new µControllers to handle new applications.

A new version of the configuration utility including the required controls to use this new programmer is also available: ClonixConfig61.exe.

There is a short demo YouTube video: here.

Feel free to comment or share.

Best wishes from the Canary Islands and keep safe.

Diego.

"Do not suppose, check it twice."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Getting rid of wrong Windows10 drivers (Clonix/Nov) - Diego Diaz - 08-05-2020 01:01 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)