(Possibly) interesting provenance of HP-15C manual
08-24-2020, 11:39 PM
(Possibly) interesting provenance of HP-15C manual
About a month ago I finally obtained an HP-15C with Owner's Handbook and Advanced Functions Handbook via eBay. Both the seller and I resided in Corvallis so he delivered the items directly to me.

The calculator is of course very interesting to me but the name written on the cover of the Owner's Handbook (Eric Evett) is what stood out. It turns out that one Eric A. Evett was one of the authors of Pocket Scientific Calculator Extends Range of Built-In Functions, and the sole author of A Pocket Calculator for Computer Science Professionals," both found in the May 1983 issue of the Hewlett-Packard journal. One can't help but wonder if this is the same person. Mr. Evett also resided in Corvallis and seems to have been involved with the development of the HP-15C. Certainly, there may have been more than one Eric Evett in Corvallis who owned an HP-15C.

The Advanced Functions Handbook has a different name, A.H. Robinson, and such a person seems to have been involved with nuclear engineering research at Oregon State University (also in Corvallis) in the early 80s, so it's not unreasonable to believe such a person would've purchased this handbook. I haven't been able to find more information about him, though.

Thought that'd be interesting to share.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
(Possibly) interesting provenance of HP-15C manual - Benjer - 08-24-2020 11:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)