Calculators with normal distribution and inverse?
09-09-2020, 06:50 PM
RE: Calculators with normal distribution and inverse?
(09-09-2020 06:32 PM)Maximilian Hohmann Wrote:  Hello!

(09-09-2020 06:15 PM)Dave Britten Wrote:  Were there any others that included this?

Other calculators from HP or from different manufacturers? The Ti-89/200 Voyage for example has a built-in function called "invnorm". Not that I have the least idea what purpose this can serve in real life.

Regards
Max

I'm primarily interested in HPs, though I'd be interested in hearing about about other manufacturers too. I know most relatively recent Casio graphing calculators have these functions, though I can't say for sure when they started including them. Probably around the fx-9750G, if I had to guess. I think the same goes for all varieties of TI-83/84, the TI-82 Stats, and probably the Nspire line. And older models like the TI-36 Solar (not the TI-36X Solar) and maybe TI-35 Plus have it.

One useful application of the inverse normal function is obtaining a Z-score for a given confidence level and using that to compute a minimum sample size for a given confidence interval and population size.

Example: https://www.surveysystem.com/sscalc.htm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Calculators with normal distribution and inverse? - Dave Britten - 09-09-2020 06:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)