How to create custom 41C modules from keystroke programs?
10-08-2020, 12:38 PM
RE: How to create custom 41C modules from keystroke programs?
(10-08-2020 12:16 PM)grsbanks Wrote:  Unless I'm mistaken, "plugging" a module into the DM41X actually copies it to static RAM along with the rest of the calculator state, so no problem writing to it as often as you like. Only modules that have been imported into the "Available Modules" area are in flash.

Ah! Okay. I assumed that the need for copying modules to the dedicated flash area was so the CPU could address them directly from a consistent (non-FAT) location.

How is the HEPAX RAM handled on the DM41X? i.e. how do I make sure RAM isn't lost when swapping modules and such? Do I just need to use the "Save RAM Pages" function to safeguard the contents?

I'm looking through scans of Datafile for HEPAX info, and found this in V6N8:

"Since HEPAX organises its memory as blocks of ROM then a HEPAX 4K or 8K block of programs (or data) can be directly copied to, say, a ZEPROM to make it totally permanent. Building your own custom ROMs is now within the reach of everyone."

So it sounds like that will meet my needs. Do I need to worry about setting a module name or XROM ID with this approach?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to create custom 41C modules from keystroke programs? - Dave Britten - 10-08-2020 12:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)