[WP34s] Unexpected results in fraction mode
06-14-2014, 06:48 AM
RE: [WP34s] Unexpected results in fraction mode
(06-13-2014 11:30 PM)walter b Wrote:  
(06-13-2014 11:09 PM)Dieter Wrote:  Let me see if I understand correctly what you mean. The user should visit the sourceforge website and continue to the "files" section where he will find files of an outdated software version. Here he will also find an outdated manual. Now he is supposed to read through that manual to page 140++ where he will finally find a link to the recent software. Yes?

Apart from all this: even the procedure above does not explain why the project's "files" page offers long outdated versions for download. And why there is a link to mysamba.exe claiming to lead to the "latest version". Is this really that hard to fix?

Things are simpler than you think. The user should get a manual whatever version (s)he prefers. Assume (s)he knows what a TOC is. Then (s)he shall simply use his/her brains (assume ... Wink) and (s)he shall land in App. A, start reading and find the information on the very first page. Since I wanted to help my counterpart to climb those steep steps I gave him a choice of page numbers (being a bit ... hmmh ... parsimonious he may not have a printed edition). So much about the manual which is my responsibility.

What's a TOC?

Earlier appearance of RTFM also baffling. In general IHTWAs.

I've tried to find information at Source Forge on WP 34S & usually end up going around in circles.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [WP34s] Unexpected results in fraction mode - Gerald H - 06-14-2014 06:48 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)