Thread Closed 
HP Prime crashes on undef-undef*i in CAS
12-01-2020, 08:32 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2020 08:33 PM by parisse.)
RE: HP Prime crashes on undef-undef*i in CAS
I'm not sure you really realize the amount of work inside the CAS of the Prime. As I already said, unfortunately it is impossible to be crash-proof, especially if you are using the software to do things that are not in it's main focus. As you can guess, the CAS main target is, well, CAS.
This does not mean I do not program numerics and many numeric commands of the Prime call Giac/Xcas code, and in fact LambertW *is* available in Giac/Xcas, but it's unfortunately not available on the Prime (it's not the only command in this situation, and before you ask, it's not my decision).

It's easy to criticize especially if you don't know what is behind some decisions, it's much harder to do the work. We do our best to fix bugs, and I usually publish fixed versions of Giac/Xcas a couple of weeks after someone report a bug (things are of course different for Prime firmwares). But my time is finite (and Prime devel ressources are finite as well). I can not invest too much time in extensive testings on numerics, I have other priorities: Giac/Xcas is not a replacement for scilab/matlab or R, it's a CAS.

Now I think I have lost too much time in this thread. If your next messages are still just complains about the way I/we code, without any sign of recognition of the work I/we do ("broken educational toys"), I will just ignore them (and your bug reports will be ignored).

Goodbye.
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP Prime crashes on undef-undef*i in CAS - parisse - 12-01-2020 08:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)