Pb. archiving HP-150 disks with Teledisk
12-03-2020, 09:53 PM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2020 12:22 PM by PascalG.)
RE: Pb. archiving HP-150 disks with Teledisk
(12-03-2020 04:39 PM)Dave Frederickson Wrote:  TeleDisk 2.16 is the correct version to use with 3.5" media.

Are you running TeleDisk under DOS?
Are you using DS/DD media and not HD?
Did you try the driver?

Dave

I made some further tests and I found that the problem was the disks themselves. I was trying to copy a set of Lotus 123 disks and for some unknown reason teledisk would give me a reading error on several disks. I tried with another set of disks (Condor database) and it worked fine !
On each track it would give a reading error message saying that sector 17 of each track was different in size (128 instead of 256), but the process continued.
The only problem is that when I try to recreate disks from teledisk image it gives me an error reading A: side 0 sect 17 on each cylinder (probably linked to this size of 128). I had to press a key after each cylinder, which is not convenient.

I made some dumps of the disks using SuperCard Pro and it worked fine and the process is straightforward (no errors). I then used the Sydex driver you mentioned (excellent software!) in order to test the copies of the disks made with SCP on my Olivetti and everything was ok. :-)
I will continue with SCP for the archiving of my disks, it's more reliable.

Thanks very much for your help !!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pb. archiving HP-150 disks with Teledisk - PascalG - 12-03-2020 09:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)