Free42 with big stack, test version
02-06-2021, 12:33 AM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2021 02:10 AM by Peet.)
RE: Free42 with big stack, test version
(02-06-2021 12:12 AM)Thomas Okken Wrote:  But I think I'm wasting my time answering these so-called questions. You just don't like the addition of a big stack, and that is fine, you don't have to use it.

I was interested in a Prime and looked into why it was so hated. The Prime was so far the only calculator with RPN and a big stack, so I wanted to share some things I noticed with the acceptance of the RPN-Mode on the prime because you want to go a similar way with the free42.

(02-06-2021 12:12 AM)Thomas Okken Wrote:  Besides, I assume even RPL users can figure out what keys like Y^X and 1/X etc. do, since they are labeled just like that on the RPL calculators. X?Y shouldn't be that much harder.

I agree, but what I have tried to point out is that this is not the most elegant solution. If you already know that, then it's fine with me, I have no problem with that. I just think it would be a shame if I don't tell it and read in the future that it's only because nobody mentioned it.

We talk terribly past each other all the time, I didn't want you to give me answers but maybe you can consider possible discrepancies as long as you are still developing. I don't care if you take it into account, but if I never reveal my concerns there's no chance that you will.

(02-06-2021 12:12 AM)Thomas Okken Wrote:  But rationalizing that dislike with the kind of nitpicking you're doing here is just annoying.

I think you're very unfair. In my opinion that's exact the way you argue e.g. the "to few arguments" on backspace with an empty stack:

The 28S doesn't do it, the 48G does it, the Prime doesn't do it but the big stack test version of the Free42 does it.

I realy don't like this message in this case and mentioned it. I would accept if you answer you don't care or you want it so ... but instead your answer is:

(02-05-2021 09:45 PM)Thomas Okken Wrote:  Since the X register cannot be empty with the four-level stack, obviously you can never get an error message with CLX, there is always a number there to replace with zero.

I know that and it even seems like an explanation. But unfortunately not to my comment, it does not explain why you choose the way of the 48 and not the way of the 28 or prime.

Like I said, I think we talk terribly past each other all the time.

I try a car-example:

On the Mercedes automatic gearshift there are three modes: E (economic) S (sport) and M (manual), on the AMG models these are C (comfort) S (sport) and M (manual).
A work colleague had as replacement a AMG button in his non AMG Modell, so CMS on button but an "E" for economic instead of "C" appears on the display.
If I see something like that, then I would note the inconsistency and I am OK with an answer like "yes, I know, but it doesn't matter".
What I can't stand is if someone accuses me of being to stupid to understand that e and c are synonymous.

My English is not very good and maybe this is the reason for the misunderstandings. So I will stay out of your topics in the future.

My calculators - former: CBM PR100, HP41CV, HP11C, HP28S - current: HP48G, HP35S, Prime, DM41X, DM42, HP12C
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Free42 with big stack, test version - Peet - 02-06-2021 12:33 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)