41: Worth getting a card reader?
02-19-2021, 08:11 PM
41: Worth getting a card reader?
Any opinions on whether it's worth getting a rebuilt/refurbished card reader for my 41CX, or are there better options available for about the same price point? I know you can save and load programs or storage registers, but there's no direct integration with Extended Memory. Also not sure if there's a simple method of backing up and restoring the user key assignments or alarm catalog, which would be extremely useful.

Can you use the printer at the same time for full support of 97 programs (which I have quite a few of)?

Also, how hard is it on the alkaline N batteries? Do you find that the number of blank cards required to make it useful is far greater than with a 65/67/97? For comparison, my 65 has about 30-40 cards written, as well as about 5 of the HP Application Pacs.

Just trying to decide if it's worth hunting for one on ebay, or if I should get something more exotic - i.e. expensive. Wink And I have a DM41X already, but I'm also a sucker for the "real thing", and I can't plug my 82143A into the DM41X! Big Grin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
41: Worth getting a card reader? - Dave Britten - 02-19-2021 08:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)