Plus42 algebraic expressions update
02-25-2021, 01:50 AM (This post was last modified: 02-25-2021 04:59 AM by Thomas Okken.)
Plus42 algebraic expressions update
I've been working on expressions in Plus42 (a.k.a. Free42+) for the last few days, and the equation editor is more or less done. Note that this doesn't actually evaluate or solve any expressions yet! But the equation list and editor was sufficiently complicated that I would like for some other people to take a look at what I have so far and get feedback.

The UI is modeled after the HP-17B and 27S (graciously provided by Bob Prosperi -- thanks Bob!). There are a few minor differences, but it should look pretty familiar.
The equations are stored in a matrix variable named EQNS, which is automatically created, resized, or deleted, as needed. If you have a list of equations, you can import them by copying the list and pasting it in Free42; this will create a matrix containing one string element for each line in the text. If you then save that variable as EQNS, the equation editor will recognize it. The process works in the opposite direction as well: RCL "EQNS" and then Edit->Copy, and you can paste the list into a text editor.

Again, the equations aren't actually parsed or evaluated yet. Work on that will start in the next couple of days, and I expect it to take a week or two.

Test builds are in the usual spot: https://thomasokken.com/free42/download/test/

UPDATE: Uploaded new builds at 10:00 PM EST, to fix a bug that was turning all the ALPHA sub-menu labels into the letter B...
UPDATE: Uploaded new builds at 11:40 PM EST, to fix scrolling behavior when pressing DEL.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Plus42 algebraic expressions update - Thomas Okken - 02-25-2021 01:50 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)