Why can't I execute C program on EMU48?
03-18-2021, 07:23 PM
RE: Why can't I execute C program on EMU48?
(03-15-2021 09:56 AM)brickviking Wrote:  For getting data back and forth between calculator and computer, I've found that a copy of kermit (under Linux) seems to work well enough, I can't quite remember how I managed to get kermit to talk to the usb cable. Another method is to use the SD card (if your computer has a SD card reader) as a go-between.

(Post 335)

Well, in my experience ( although with HP48GXs not HP50Gs ) is that if one is using a USB-to-serial adapter in Linux or any other USB device that presents a serial interface, it usually shows up as "/dev/ttyUSBx" where "x" is usually 0 or 1, but can be other values. One way to find out which USB serial interface is the correct one is to run the command :

Code:
sudo udevadmn info --query=all --name=ttyUSBx

( replace x with the interface about which you want information )

If you're using Kermit, then to avoid having to run it as root you'll usually need to add your user to the "dialout" or perhaps the "tty" groups ( Just do an eg. ls -la /dev/ttyUSB0 to see to which group it belongs ). Also, in Kermit, you'll need to issue an eg. "SET PORT /dev/ttyUSB0" command.

Regards,

Jonathan

Aeternitas modo est. Longa non est, paene nil.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why can't I execute C program on EMU48? - Jonathan Busby - 03-18-2021 07:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)