Sharp electronic organizers with the IC card slot (Wizard OZ/IQ/PA/PI series)
05-24-2022, 10:49 AM (This post was last modified: 05-24-2022 10:52 AM by Akuji.)
RE: Sharp electronic organizers with the IC card slot (Wizard OZ/IQ/PA/PI series)
I finally decided to test whether Japanese RAM cards are compatible with western organizers and vice versa. The short answer is yes, they're.

Here's the group photo of all Japanese and western RAM cards released by Sharp.

[Image: 1.jpg]

As it turns out, all but flash-based Japanese cards are compatible with the OZ/IQ series of organizers. Japanese PA- (only DB-Z family (PA-9x00) can handle RAM cards) and PI-series and PV-F1 can work with all western RAM cards. However, only PA-9500 and, presumably, PA-9550 can work with a 32 Kb card; other devices recognize and format it, but it's not accessible for usage or visible in settings.
The table below lists those devices that I've used during testing. Other devices (i.e., IQ/OZ-8000, PA-9550, PI-3000, etc.) should also be compatible.

[Image: RAM-Card-Compatibility.png]

I also have some 3rd-party western RAM cards in my possession. The first two have the 'bump' on the back and don't physically fit in Japanese organizers. However, the third one from B&P, thanks to its standard thickness, can be used in all Japanese organizers just fine.

[Image: 2.jpg]

[Image: 3.jpg]

Finally, here're a couple of 'proof' photos.

[Image: 4.jpg]

[Image: 5.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sharp electronic organizers with the IC card slot (Wizard OZ/IQ/PA/PI series) - Akuji - 05-24-2022 10:49 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)