The never-released HP-72S / HP-74S - the successors of the HP-71B
04-01-2021, 07:31 AM
The never-released HP-72S / HP-74S - the successors of the HP-71B
I recently recovered some documents about the never-released HP-72S and HP-74S. These machines could have been the successors of the HP-71B, unfortunately this never happened, apparently.

I didn't remember anything about possible 72S and 74S machines, but I made some strange dreams in the last couple of months, and I'm wondering if it could be possible that I knew something at the time, and that everything has been erased from my mind. Also I can't find anything in the old user club publications, but I guess that any reference would have been deleted a long time ago and replaced by articles on new RPL machines.

I can't give more details right now, but I should get soon a picture of 72S and 74S possible prototypes.
Also I hope to be able to publish ROM images of these machines. I may need some more time to get them however, my source it is very far in time and space, and thus has a very low data transfer rate.
We all know that the universe is not unique, so there is surely a place where reality is different.

In the meantime, you can have a look at the attached documents. There are already a lot of information about what could have happened, and what we missed here.

Of course, all this should be kept confidential, and may mysteriously disappear at any time, including from your own mind :-)

J-F

Attached File(s)
.pdf  Series70_roadmap.pdf (Size: 12.91 KB / Downloads: 227)
.pdf  HP-72_74_HandheldComputers_3pages.pdf (Size: 11.05 KB / Downloads: 268)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
The never-released HP-72S / HP-74S - the successors of the HP-71B - J-F Garnier - 04-01-2021 07:31 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)