The never-released HP-72S / HP-74S - the successors of the HP-71B
04-02-2021, 08:04 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2021 08:50 PM by rprosperi.)
RE: The never-released HP-72S / HP-74S - the successors of the HP-71B
(04-02-2021 04:42 PM)J-F Garnier Wrote:  But my today's Titan X project is different, it is to imagine what a real machine could be. So I used the Emu71 for Windows of my friend Christoph as a basis, and built Emu72, an emulator of the 72S and 74S machines.
You can find this emulator on my new emu72 page:

[Image: hp-72s_.png]

Experiment, and enjoy !

J-F

Amazing new gift Jean-Francois, you've outdone yourself!!

This announcement provides insight into some of your recent questions about the BASIC family command changes, etc.

Very, very cool.

Off to give it a test drive... Big Grin

Qucik Feedback#1 - Emu72/72S crashes when I do almost anything using 72S/1024 version. It initially comes on, displays the ">" prompt and the cursor blinks, so I shut off to add modules via the Port Config dialog. I add a 32K RAM module to port-0 and HP-IL (I assume using the standard HP-IL ROM) to port-6, then save config. When I then power-on, the prompt ">" appears, but no cursor; I must then press [ON] twice to get a blinking cursor.

From there, VER$ works, MEM shows 66092, but CAT crashes immediately, as does any activity which needs more than the 1st line of the LCD.

The 800x600 version seems to be more stable, however I see nothing in the 2nd line.

I'm testing on Win7-Pro x64.

I'll try some more tomorrow, but wanted to get you some feedback as early as possible. Please suggest some things to try that may reveal more about the issues.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The never-released HP-72S / HP-74S - the successors of the HP-71B - rprosperi - 04-02-2021 08:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)