Creating a custom app with multicharacter variables AND pre-populating E1 equation?
04-18-2021, 02:54 AM
Creating a custom app with multicharacter variables AND pre-populating E1 equation?
Hello all,

I have been fiddling around with making custom apps (based on the Solver app, in my case). I have managed to figure out how to use the EXPORT command at the beginning of the Program section to create the variable names I want to use, but I can't figure out how to get the equation populated in the "E1" field on the Symbolic tab of the application when I am using the HP Connectivity Kit.

The export line looks like this:
EXPORT Total,q,Tr,Ts1,Ts2;
The equation I try to enter in the E1 field is:
Total=(48/(12*(q-1)+(12-Tr)))*(Ts1+Ts2)

When I type the above into the E1 field and press enter, the text disappears, and I see a warning on the bottom corner of the app window saying Syntax Error.

Is this simply not possible when using non-standard variables that are created in the Program?

I can put the same equation in the E1 field of the custom solver app when it is running, and it all works in the simulator, but I would like to "hard code" it into the app to keep it from getting inadvertently deleted or cleared. As an example, if I edit anything on the Info tab (some notes), and save, the E1 field gets cleared.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Creating a custom app with multicharacter variables AND pre-populating E1 equation? - spiff72 - 04-18-2021 02:54 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)