[SOLVED] 50g library appearing twice in LIB menu
06-21-2014, 06:48 PM (This post was last modified: 06-21-2014 06:50 PM by HP67.)
RE: 50g library appearing twice in LIB menu
(06-21-2014 02:02 AM)DavidM Wrote:  No explanation, but I'm wondering if you see two entries if you execute PVARS for the port that it's installed in when your SETTINGS dir is active.

No, I get exactly what I expect. The library appears only once.

(06-21-2014 02:02 AM)DavidM Wrote:  Is it possible that the lib in question is installed in 2 different ports, and one of them is attached to the SETTINGS directory instead of HOME? I'm not sure that is even possible, and I can't try it at the moment. Just a thought.

No, I checked 0: 1: and 2: and the library only appears in port 0.

(06-21-2014 03:06 AM)Jacob Wall Wrote:  Very strange, I would be happy to test whether I can reproduce those symptoms with your backups and libraries, if you don't mind sharing the files.

Thanks, I have more than one 50g but I was hoping it won't come to that! The rest are all in their packaging.

(06-21-2014 04:30 AM)Joe Horn Wrote:  The library might be attached to both HOME *and* your SETTINGS directory. To test this hypothesis, go into your SETTINGS directory, then DETACH the library. If my hypothesis is correct, then the library will now only appear once no matter what your path is, and it will still work when in the SETTINGS directory.The library might be attached to both HOME *and* your SETTINGS directory. To test this hypothesis, go into your SETTINGS directory, then DETACH the library. If my hypothesis is correct, then the library will now only appear once no matter what your path is, and it will still work when in the SETTINGS directory.

This seems to be it. I have no idea why. I made a point of doing the warmstart from HOME several times to check this (the libraries should all attach to HOME) but detaching from the SETTINGS directory does work. Now I am wondering if SETTINGS is a reserved name.

I just did the following:

Using the filer, I purged all libraries from port 0
Warmstart
All libraries cleared
I restored a backup from SD card
I checked the LIB menu, no libraries
I copied the libraries from SD card to port 0
Warmstart
LIB menu shows the libraries
Change to SETTINGS
LIB menu shows one library duplicated

I'm back to the original question. Why is the library attaching twice? (and should this even be possible?)

I did not want to attach the lib only to SETTINGS, because although several commands do need vars from SETTINGS, most don't.

I'm going to rename SETTINGS and try this again. And I will eventually change the global vars to port variables, because I never had the intention to have to change to SETTINGS to use the commands.

Thanks David, Jacob, Joe.

It ain't OVER 'till it's 2 PICK
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 50g library appearing twice in LIB menu - HP67 - 06-21-2014 06:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)