First python project : HP41 emulator + hints of workflow
05-23-2021, 08:04 AM
RE: First python project : HP41 emulator + hints of workflow
(05-19-2021 01:14 AM)Dougggg Wrote:  I was to force the the app to the calc/emu by right clicking the app and do send to class and that worked

That worked - thanks! To be clear, in order to edit a Python file on your PC:
  • Double click on a python file in conn.kit and vscode (or whatever) will open.
  • Edit the file and save, which saves to the 'C:\Users\Andy\Documents\HP Connectivity Kit\Calculators\SOMECALC1' directory but not to the calc itself.
  • Right click on the calc in the conn.kit and select 'send to class' to save the file back into the calculator.
Perhaps I missed these instructions elsewhere, but as far as I know, this is the first bit of documentation on how to edit a Prime Python file via the PC. Not sure why this really useful piece of information has not been communicated to the Prime Python community of beta testers - perhaps its obvious? It's not obvious to me, as I've never needed to use the 'send to class' feature before and am not a teacher.

(05-22-2021 09:47 PM)Eddie W. Shore Wrote:  This app is phenomenal.

I agree - this HP41C emulator running on the HP Prime written in Python - is truly astonishing. Pressing and holding a key even shows 'NULL' after a second, etc. just like the real HP41C.
I had to press all the keys and write down what each one does - we might need an overlay ;-) Some useful keys are:
- To enter in LBL press Units
- To enter in RTN press SHIFT EEX

I was even able to assign programs to keys in USER mode and XEQ them, with the traditional little bird flying on the screen as they are executed!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: First python project - Vincent Weber - 05-16-2021, 01:17 PM
RE: First python project - ggauny@live.fr - 05-16-2021, 05:23 PM
RE: First python project - tcab - 05-17-2021, 12:00 AM
RE: First python project : HP41 emulator + hints of workflow - tcab - 05-23-2021 08:04 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)