First python project : HP41 emulator + hints of workflow
10-16-2021, 11:31 PM
RE: First python project : HP41 emulator + hints of workflow
(06-11-2021 12:28 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  
(06-11-2021 12:12 AM)Steve Simpkin Wrote:  I would recommend the original HP-41C Owner's Handbook and Programming Guide. It assumes you know nothing about HP calculators and is a great example of the friendly, well written calculator manuals that HP used to write.

https://literature.hpcalc.org/community/...hpg-en.pdf

I endorse Steve's recommendation! The later CX manuals cover more of the functions, but the original 41C manual is in many ways the peak of the great old-school HP

As a fan of HP manuals myself, as I learned a lot of programming on the HP28s thick manuals, I find it really funny on such excerpts:

"Should you see MEMORY LOSTin the display the first time you turn the HP-41C on, do not
worry —it means that power to the continuous memory of the calculator has been inter-
rupted at some time. Merely press (5 (the correction key) to clearthe error, then continue.
When power to continuous memory is interrupted, all information you placed into the
HP-41C is lost."

Yeah, do not worry. Everything you programmed and your data is gone forever if you did not export it someway Smile

No need to say I'm reading hp41c manual for the first time, I never had the chance to own this beast.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: First python project - Vincent Weber - 05-16-2021, 01:17 PM
RE: First python project - ggauny@live.fr - 05-16-2021, 05:23 PM
RE: First python project - tcab - 05-17-2021, 12:00 AM
RE: First python project : HP41 emulator + hints of workflow - rogeriol - 10-16-2021 11:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)