Restored HP-97 Card Reader WRITE ISSUE
06-21-2021, 04:39 AM (This post was last modified: 06-21-2021 04:41 AM by James Linder.)
Restored HP-97 Card Reader WRITE ISSUE
I have refurbished a 97 card reader. It reads cards just fine and it acts like it is writing to cards fine according to what appears on the display (Crd after first time through and current program step on the 2nd time through, and there are no error messages unless you try to write to a card with the corner clipped which is proper behavior).

The problem I'm having is that no code is being written to the card when it passes through the card reader/writer. I have tried two different mother boards and I installed a new card reader ribbon cable, so I'm wondering if any of the capacitors being bad could lead to this behavior. I replaced R1, R2 and R3 with new ones, however this did not resolve the problem. It has a new gummy wheel and a new worm gear to motor coupler, so the cards are pulling through the card reader just fine.

I have adjusted all the reed switches in the manner I always do so that everything should work, however I have not been able to get the code to actually write to a card. Since it has done this with two different motherboards, I'm convinced there is a component on the card reader control board that is not functioning correctly. If anyone can offer any advice it would be sincerely appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Restored HP-97 Card Reader WRITE ISSUE - James Linder - 06-21-2021 04:39 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)