HP Prime virtual calculator not regonized by HP connectivity Kit
07-23-2021, 11:44 PM
RE: HP Prime virtual calculator not regonized by HP connectivity Kit
(07-21-2021 09:05 PM)BruceH Wrote:  
(07-20-2021 04:16 PM)tom234 Wrote:  The Following Screen Shot of set up are the only setting that work on M1 Mac...
For your further knowledge base.

The Prime App and Connectivity Kit are only listed under "Input Monitoring" for me. I suspect that some sort of file access will be required though - it's just that I've not yet needed to load or save a file. :-)

Please also check the Firewall tab. If you have the firewall enabled then you need to go into "Firewall options", untick the "Block all incoming connections" then add two rows to the allow list: "com.yourcompany.HP-Connectivity-Kit" and "com.yourcompany.HP-Prime" both set to "allow incoming connections".

In the Connectivity Kit app preferences, under "IP Networking" I have "Enable network", "mDNS" and "MultiBroadcast" ticked.

Ironically, in the HP Prime app preferences, under "IP Networking" the "Enable network" is unticked. (I think the Connectivity App gets a bit upset if it can't access the network even though it doesn't need to.)

All of the above were done for me by the installer, iirc.

Thank You for your help to seems to be working now.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP Prime virtual calculator not regonized by HP connectivity Kit - tom234 - 07-23-2021 11:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)