Truly sadden by my Prime purchase - status/plans for RPN support?
07-07-2021, 03:26 AM
RE: Truly sadden by my Prime purchase - status/plans for RPN support?
Hi Steve,

I am still trying to understand why HP would invest and work so hard on this HP Prime and forsake the several thousands of man-years of software development by going out-of-the way in walling off the stack on what is a HP programmable calculator that supports RPN?

A simple #pragma that says the stack is active would suffice, or a command that copies the current stack to a set of local variables, something?

A fundamental idea of a programmable calculator is to write programs to expand its power and use as a calculator - that the current math at hand (what you are doing) can be immediately acted upon by any program or function, especially ones you write.

Had it been made clear "descended from the HP-38G algebraic graphing calculators" I probably would not have bought - the general take I read was that the HP Prime is the successor to the HP 50g.

It is quite strange that the HP Prime is not discontinued specifically yet the HP online store is not selling them? The HP Prime WiFi connection kit seems to not be available anywhere, what was it costing?

Thank you for your response and feedback on the ROM updates.

Best regards,
-Kevin Waite
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Truly sadden by my Prime purchase - status/plans for RPN support? - kevinwaite - 07-07-2021 03:26 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)