TI-84 Plus CE Python Benchmarking
08-28-2021, 01:49 AM
RE: TI-84 Plus CE Python Benchmarking
(08-26-2021 02:28 PM)toml_12953 Wrote:  Calculator Performance Index

I was told in the past (probably by a salesperson) that the "best" calculators balance power consumption and performance. Power consumption affects the size and weight to store the batteries to meet acceptable longevity of the unit before having to replace cells or recharge.

I'm curious if the power consumption to run this benchmark on each calculator will roughly average out or if there are bigger differences among calculators. If there are indeed significant differences in power consumption to run this benchmark (as my old friend the salesperson likes to argue), then what are the "best" calculators?

It would be VERY interesting to list the power consumption to run the benchmark for each calculator, i.e. Joule = benchmark time x peak Watt rating. Most calculators include the peak Watt rating in their specs or on the back panel, so I assume it should not be too difficult to get a rough "energy performance" measure accurate to at least 2 digits? Or has someone done this before?

I know of some remarkable calculators that never seem to need new cells despite frequent use. And no, these are not solar-powered units.

- Rob

"I count on old friends" -- HP 71B,Prime|Ti VOY200,Nspire CXII CAS|Casio fx-CG50...|Sharp PC-G850,E500,2500,1500,14xx,13xx,12xx...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TI-84 Plus CE Python Benchmarking - robve - 08-28-2021 01:49 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)