Contest - color themes for newRPL - Prime G1
09-04-2021, 06:31 PM
RE: Contest - color themes for newRPL - Prime G1
Hi Claudio,

this contest is what I needed to return to activity on the forum... Lately I've also purchased a second hand G1 Prime just to test NewRPL on the real thing! (I must admit I'm impressed by it... It's a nice thing that it can dual boot NewRPL and original OS!)

To pay tribute to HP long standing rivals I was inspired by TI's greatest achievement in computer technology: the TI99/4A Home Computer, so here's a sneak preview of the TI Prime!

The theme doesn't include all TI9918/A video chip colors but tries to recreate the look & feel of the venerable machine.

Some observations:

1) Palette entry #23 (Stack: Selected items text) is not implemented
2) Neither are entries #40 and #41 (Action on pressed menus)
3) Since forms are not implemented it's a bit difficult to judge how the colors match: could the empty app screen be replaced by a crude mock-up just for the show?
4) The error messages share the same area (and therefore the same colors) of the help area: wouldn't it be better to allow different colors?
5) A GETTHEME command? BTW the 4 example themes are very nice: Claudio, will you hard-code them in newRPL as you did with the fonts?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Contest - color themes for newRPL - Prime G1 - JoJo1973 - 09-04-2021 06:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)