FORTH for the SHARP PC-E500 (S)
11-07-2021, 05:44 PM
RE: FORTH for the SHARP PC-E500 (S)
I assume you mean the file UUDECODE.ASM from the archiv uudecode.zip from
http://www.andrewwoods3d.com/pce500
I think it's the back part of UUDECODE.BAS, the part. which is saved in the file UUDECODE.MMM. It can remain unchanged. The problem with the filename extension is caused by the demanding part, which for the most part also consists of machine code but for which there is no source code.

The UUDECODE.UU file in the uudecode.zip archive contains an older version of UUDECODE.BAS. In this, the demanding part looks completely different and the one behind is exactly the same. So it loads the same version of UUDECODE, just different.

UULOAD.BAS from the same archive seems to be an implementation in BASIC of the way you suggested: It reads in a UUE file via the COM interface, checks whether the first 16 bytes are as requested by LOADM and writes the bytes directly into the upper RAM. I tried it with FORTH500.UUE: It only worked 10% after 4 minutes, so I canceled it.

Please remember that UUDECODE.BAS only has to run once and can then be deleted directly. Only UUDECODE.MMM is required to load FORTH500.UUE. If you change UUDECODE.ASM so that it does not write to a file but directly to RAM, then that should also work with a 32K PC-E500. And the required part of UUDECODE.BAS could still be used for loading.

After LOADM "UUDECODE.MMM" you could enter
KILL "UUDECODE.MMM"
SAVE M "UUDECODE", & BE000, & BE595
Unfortunately, the KILL command is not programmable; you have to issue it manually.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
FORTH for the SHARP PC-E500 (S) - Helix - 09-06-2021, 11:41 PM
RE: FORTH for the SHARP PC-E500 (S) - dmh - 10-02-2022, 02:29 PM
RE: FORTH for the SHARP PC-E500 (S) - dmh - 10-04-2022, 12:46 PM
RE: FORTH for the SHARP PC-E500 (S) - dmh - 10-04-2022, 10:55 PM
RE: FORTH for the SHARP PC-E500 (S) - Klaus Overhage - 11-07-2021 05:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)