I will not post any emulator related postings any more
09-25-2021, 02:43 PM
RE: I will not post any emulator related postings any more
(09-23-2021 10:00 PM)Stevetuc Wrote:  And I'm not the only one guilty of thinking this as a search for emulator in the prime forum will attest.
And this https://www.hpcalc.org/details/8939

I added the word "Emulator" to the title there as a bit of SEO, so it would come up in Google searches when people look for a Prime emulator. As I say in the description, it is not an emulator, and HP doesn't call it an emulator. (I do call it a simulator but that probably is not correct either, but again, people might be searching for "HP Prime simulator".)

(09-23-2021 10:00 PM)Stevetuc Wrote:  The point I was making is that if an emulator (or simulator/dedicated application /...) is relevant in the prime forum, then an emulator of a non Prime calculator ought to be equally relevant in the General forum.

No, there are three things here.

First, there is the distinction between an emulator and the calculator being emulated. If someone has a discussion about the emulator itself, it should go under the "Not quite" forum. If someone has a discussion about the calculator being emulated, then it goes in the General forum, even if they are running it in an emulator.

Second, the HP Prime forum specifically says it is for everything about the Prime. That means the Prime Calculator, the Prime Connectivity Kit, and the Prime Virtual Calculator.

Third, as I've said, the Prime Virtual Calculator is not an emulator (probably not even a simulator, technically -- it's just the Prime environment running on a PC, Mac, iOS device, or Android device, as opposed to a Prime environment running on a Prime device), so it wouldn't be discussed in a forum about emulators anyway.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: I will not post any emulator related postings any more - Eric Rechlin - 09-25-2021 02:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)