Yet another HP simulator (using C + X11)
12-26-2021, 04:13 PM
RE: Yet another HP simulator (using C + X11)
(12-26-2021 12:52 PM)Thomas Okken Wrote:  I just tried building and running the latest from GitHub in a VM running Ubuntu 14.04, and I found that it was dropping mouse events as well, and also just being unbearably sluggish overall. I noticed that while the app was running, compiz was running at over 100% CPU, and xorg was using another 40% or so. Compiz pegging a core could explain the dropped events.

Note that this version does include the -std=gnu99 option that was mentioned earlier... it also includes -no-pie in src/makefile, which I had to remove because it was not recognized, and causing compilation to fail.

Thomas,

If would he helpful to know what VM host you have and which desktop you were using?

Was the simulator using 100% CPU all the time? If it was then that suggests that it is using a default busy loop rather then an dependent sleep() function.

If you send me a private message with the output of 'dpkg --get-selections' that would be useful (alternatively create an issue on github https://github.com/mike632t/x11-calc/blo...em-reports and attach it there). I'll see if I can set up an Ubuntu 14.04 VM in the meantime.

Having seen a similar issue on the Raspberry Pi there I suspect there may be a problem drawing the X11 primitives when hardware acceleration is enabled. It is worth trying to reproduce the problem but I'm not sure I can do much about it!

Mike T.

HP21, HP25, HP32E, HP33C, HP34C, HP10C, HP11C, HP12C, HP32S, HP22S
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Yet another HP simulator (using C + X11) - Mike T. - 12-26-2021 04:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)