The worst programming language ever
12-03-2021, 11:13 AM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2021 12:25 PM by floppy.)
RE: The worst programming language ever
My view: what is perhaps the most interesting and less interesting? what language has or had the highest "erotic" factor?

RPN: I like. This is like using latinum in the modern time (I met already an astrophysician who was writing his PHD in latinum; that was interesting; so the "latinum" touch is still a factor moving people on eartrh). Several use cases identified.

BASIC: never interested (only few tries few weeks/month ago on an HP71)

FORTH: I am interested and will act on an HP71. Use cases in sight.

PASCAL: interesting but quite quick overpassed by C. Only few exercise at engineering school.

TURBO BASIC: Borlan one with similarity to Pascal. Was interesting in using recursive functions for calculating sound waves reflections in water in a laboratory for defense research. Stayed at a single project.

FORTRAN: A must since I was developping CAD applications few years ago and modifying a preprocessor of a finite element simulator in an university (single project). Not bad. Moving to other languages was not painfull (FORTRAN was not a deep love story for me).

C: linked to FORTRAN programs was a good modern exercise. Never came to an industrial use.

Python: very interesting due to the large libraries and GUI which can be made with it (my interest was in PyGtk, TKinter and MATPLOTLIB and math and panda etc.). Productive use case found.

PROLOG: interesting for dynamic database implementation. As knowledge system: one application defined in a privat project. More to come especially in knowledge representation.

HASKELL: to come (I have to buy a book first; no use case identified)

C++ & JAVA: used during some programming training. Never used in a productive environment.

Sorry for the community: BASIC had my lowest interest.
Others are interesting and it depend of the targetted use case.
I will just take it where I think it suit at best.

Remark: I am not programming at work. Just a side private activity since several years.

HP71 4TH/ASM & Multimod, HP41CV/X & Nov64d, PILBOX, HP-IL 821.62A & 64A & 66A, Deb11 64b-PC & PI2 3 4 w/ ILPER, VIDEO80, V41 & EMU71, DM41X, HP75D
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The worst programming language ever - floppy - 12-03-2021 11:13 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)