How do you like the Woodstock calculators?
12-09-2021, 01:16 PM
RE: How do you like the Woodstock calculators?
(12-09-2021 09:54 AM)jwr Wrote:  Why does it work so well? First, it has the perfect form factor: it can be used while held one-handed (my main gripe with the Voyager series).
Being a desk worker I've never really considered that. But for the fun of it I've just went through my small collection of HPs and among them the 25 is indeed the only truly comfortable "one-hand" machine. Of my other machines, the Sinclair Cambridge Programmable is is the only competitor, even smaller yet with large enough keys. However its many cons put it far behind the twenty-fives. A cute calculator nevertheless :-)

(12-09-2021 09:54 AM)jwr Wrote:  The battery pack and the catastrophic charger were a real problem, so I built my own wireless charging module for it (https://partsbox.com/blog/wireless-charg...-2021.html). It had two interesting side effects: one, the calc with the LiPo module is lighter than a HP-25 with NiCads or alkalines, so it's more likely I'll have it with me, and two, the pack works so well that I actually rarely have to worry about charging.
Brilliant! I wish I could make something like that. Unfortunately my "handicraft" stops at building snowmen...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do you like the Woodstock calculators? - vaklaff - 12-09-2021 01:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)