HP Prime G2 stuck in exam mode
12-20-2021, 10:47 PM
HP Prime G2 stuck in exam mode
Hi,

I am new to the HP Prime and have gotten myself into a pickle.

I got as far as entering language, date and time and some of the Home / Settings info. On Settings page 3, I got confused - didn't notice it was the Exam Mode Page and that is where I screwed up.

Now, it looks like I am in exam mode with no way (so far) to get out of it.

The green LED on top of the calculator flashes all the time (power on, or off). The are no choices on page three - just fixed text:

Basic Mode

Memory hidden
Blink Green LED
Connect USB to end Exam Mode

Press Esc to continue

Current version: 2018 08 02 (13865)

The only hot key at the bottom of the screen is the page key. I assume IF I had the correct PC software, I could end exam mode from a PC.

Factory Reset should have worked - it promises to restore the calculator to new unused condition. It did take me back to the original starting lock screen and asked me to choose a language. It never asked me about date, or time. The reset preserved the time, but not the date. On Settings page 2, the Calculator Name is gone and the day is wrong. I can change both and they are stored.

There is a small information section top right of the screen - the date is wrong and even though touching it brings up a calendar, the correct date doesn't save.

Removing the battery for ten minutes doesn't change the issue.

I see one other WEB reference to what sounds like a similar problem - there was no reply. A phone call to calculator support did not help (a call back was promissed).

Any ideas out there - anyone know more about how to exit exam mode using a USB connection? Does anyone know why Factory Reset doesn't work as promissed?

Thanks!

Pete
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HP Prime G2 stuck in exam mode - PSquared - 12-20-2021 10:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)